Oil pan torque and sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pan torque and sequence

93 festiva oil pan torque and sequence please.

Just checked my 1990 shop manual and it says 69-78 LB-IN (Inch Pounds) or 8-9 N-m (newton meter)

The newton meter (Nm) is a measurement of torque. One newton meter is equal to approximately 0.738 pound-feet.

So if you only have a foot lbs torque wrench, the tops would be 6.64 ft lbs.

Also do a search here on the forum using "oil pan" and you will find several threads that give hints about how to get them installed so they don't leak.

Comment

Dude you rock thanks

Comment

You are welcome
        The manual does not specify any sequence but I usually snug them up and tighten from the center to the front and back alternately on each side.
        Make sure you apply oil resistant sealer across the joint line of the cylinder block and a little at front and rear also.
        Torque for flywheel cover bolts is 61-87 lb-in

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Found this issue. Got a broken bolt down here too should be fun

Comment

Oh No! From the looks of that gasket, I'll bet someone broke it off by overtightening. I assume it is broken off in the block with no part of it sticking out and if that is true it will be a real pain trying to get it out.
              If it is one of the bolts on the side that sticks out a little on the top, it will be a bit easier to go at it from the top, but may not be that lucky.

Comment

Working...
              X