Reassembling Instrument Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reassembling Instrument Cluster

Hello this is my first post on the forum, what a great treasure trove of knowledge this place is!

I come seeking help on how to properly reassemble a tachometer instrument cluster, it is a white face cluster from a Festiva which I have disassembled so that I could reprogram the odometer to match the original cluster (which was easy enough) however I am stumped on how to reinstate the face of the cluster whilst simultaneously keeping the fuel and temperature needles aligned and in their place, when I try to put the face back in the needles have to tilt back and then hop out of position, I have already removed the trip meter reset stalk and will install that later through the small hole in the back of the white plastic housing, but even with that removed I feel these little needles will drive me mad!

Please let me know if you have experience in this, I would love to retain the ability to gauge the amount fuel left in my tank.

I took a little break before I had another crack at it, perseverance was the key, and maybe a little bluetack as well, but now all that's left is to take off the electronics board on the back and reinstall the trip meter reset stalk

Comment

I have done this to three of them.. the first one was a leaning experience and had to be scrapped. The other two worked out fine, but that work is too fine and tedious for me now.
      Great Work! Keep it up.

Comment

The first tacho cluster I bought was unfortunately destroyed in transit and I was able to tinker around with that while I waited for another to arrive.

I'm glad that I was not in need of a cluster urgently and that it was instead a luxury to add a tachometer because this mistake by the wrecker packaging the cluster in only bubble wrap and plastic cost him a refund and me another week or so of waiting.

IMG_20220504_134005.jpg

Comment

I've never done one so I don't have any info for you. Sorry...
          SEMPER FIDELIS

Comment

Fear not! it is fully assembled, all I need to do now is get some isopropyl alcohol to remove the paint pen writing the wrecker so graciously decided to use on the clear plastic.

Comment

Working...
            X