5 speed tans swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 speed tans swap

hey whats up guys i just got my first festiva, and i got a parts car with it, i was going to swap in the trans and go from a 4 speed to a 5 speed. Im also going to replace the clutch and fly wheel in the process i just want to know what would go in to doing that and maybe if i should replace any other parts while im doing it. maybe like a swap/ repair guide? i kinda have some mechanical knowlege but this would be the first time doing a swap like this.

While waiting for a reply you might want to try the search box in the top right of the screen. You might search on "transmission swap" but also "trans" and "tranny' as all those names are common on here. The search gives you access to many posts made over the years.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

While you have the transmission and flywheel off you will also want to replace the rear main seal and the pilot bearing. If you have no oil leak whatsoever out of the rear of the crank then you can skip the seal replacement.
      I would also get new transmission supports for that five speed. If you do not have a Festiva shop manual I would get one and read all about the transmission removal and replacement before you start. A shop floor jack and an engine hoist to lower and raise the engine at the transmission side will make the job much easier also..
      I'm not sure if there is any difference between the shifter assemblies for the 4 and 5 speed but if there are I have a completely rebuilt 5 speed shifter assembly that I will sell to you at a reasonable price.

Comment

Working...
      X