Fuse keeps blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse keeps blowing

‘91 Festiva. Fuel gauge and temperature gauge stopped working together. Blown fuse and it keeps blowing them. Any suggestions on where to start looking for the problem? Fuel tank sending unit? Temperature sending unit? New member and I searched the posts first but couldn’t find anything, thanks

Fixed! Thanks to an old post about fuel gauge, temperature gauge and turn signals failing at the same time I found a fusible link severely corroded. Cleaned it up and good to go. It was the middle link by the way. Thanks.

Comment

If you search hard enough for something, you will find it.

It really make me happy to find post like yours. Great Job!

I have been guilty myself of searching for information to support my foregone conclusion and usually coming to a dead end.
      I see this happening a lot with new Festiva owners looking to solve a problem here.

Welcome to the forum... I hope you hang around a long time.
      Last edited by 1990new; 06-11-2022, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Agreed! Welcome, and THANK YOU for posting a follow-up! It can only help future folks in their searches! :-)
        I am currently Festivaless. I am without Festiva. Non-Festiva. I'm UnFestiva'ed. Living post-Festiva. Ex-Festiva Life. Hashtag sad :'-(

PS - Please send very low-dollar offers. Currently looking to buy, but will have to empty the couch cushions to do so. Hashtag sad, again.

Comment

Working...
        X