Headlight only not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight only not working

All other lights working fine. No power going through fusible link. What else could cause my headlights( both) to suddenly quit working?

Have you checked for current at the bulb with a test light or voltmeter? Looks like you checked fuses. The ignition switch and light switch on the steering column are known to cause problems. Sometimes spraying contact cleaner or WD-40 in there clears up the problem.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Thanks. I’m not getting power to the fusable link. I guess I will try taking the steering wheel apart to get to the switch there.

Comment

I'd try wiggling wires and cleaning connections first as that could save time. Do you have a wiring diagram? If you look on this site you should find (links to) some.There are also wiring diagrams in the back of the Haynes manual.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

PS You don't need to remove the plastic cover to spray the switches on the steering column. Just use the little piece of hose which comes with the spray can to spray into the switch. For the igntion switch spray in the keyhole and work it in with the key. That can also cure problems with the windshield wipers not coming on. Been there.

Comment

Working...
          X