Horn clicks but no beep beep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn clicks but no beep beep.

Hey folks, recently picked up a 1991 festy gl manual trans and just doing little fix/cleanup stuff. When I first got it the horn worked like three times but doesn't work now.

When pushing the horn button I can hear a click that comes from somewhere around the interior fuse panel, but no beep beep. Pulled all the fuses and checked them, nothing blown. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Horn relay? Often with the horn mounted low on the outside the electical ground contact rusts out and it helps to relocate the horn in the engine compartment. Done that. But this reads more like the horn relay under the dash on the driver's side.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

sorry for the late response, notification went to my junk mail.

you were actually right!! the contact for the horn was corroded, gave it a wiggle and it worked then cleaned it up properly and added some terminal protection spray.

while i was there i did the same for the fusible link box, seems like i'll be chasing 30y/o wiring contacts for a bit. thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X