Engine Temperature Sending Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Temperature Sending Unit

The temp sending unit on the housing for the upper radiator hose, just below on the block. What is the correct part number for that sensor that feeds info to the temp gauge? It's for a 1988 LX
    Last edited by usmcsgt1968; 08-30-2022, 01:37 PM.
    SEMPER FIDELIS

E92Z10884C - Ford Coolant temperature sensor ...

Genuine Ford Part # E92Z10884C (E92Z-10884-C) - Coolant temperature sensor. Temperature sending unit. Capri. Festiva. Fits Capri, Festiva.
    Different manufactures have different part numbers for this part.

This is the one with the round connector that connects to the instrument cluster temperature display. (Screws into the head near the thermostat housing)

The one that screws into the thermostat housing and has a flat blade connection is the fan switch
    The one on the back of the engine that has a two connector square plastic connector goes to the ECM
    Last edited by 1990new; 09-04-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Ford doesn't have it
      SEMPER FIDELIS

Comment

Originally posted by usmcsgt1968 View Post
        Ford doesn't have it
        Rockauto does:

ULTRA-POWER 1T1002
        $2.31
        Price
        Add to Cart

Comment

Ford no longer carries parts for the Festiva. You have to search the Internet of call and visit local auto parts suppliers. When buying off the Internet be sure you have the right year and model and compare as many websites as you can to make sure the part numbers are the same because some websites list and ship wrong parts. Sometimes you can also check the manufacturer's website to help insure you are ordreing the right part. And check here.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Your right, you can no longer get any Festiva parts from Ford Dealerships. I was just wondering what the part number for this sensor was....Do you know?
            SEMPER FIDELIS

Comment

Sorry I don't know part number. 1990new posted Ford part number above. What I usually do is look up part by name on Internet and look at part numbers on websites. Same part from different retailers and manufacturers usually has same basic part number with extra characters. And you can always post here on For Sale/ Wanted forum to see if anyone has one they will part with.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Green Sales Company has five E92Z-10884-C in stock.

Comment

Can't quite remember, but I think there are two different ones. depend on age. Two different thread patterns. one is bigger. I went through tis about ten years ago. Be sure you can return what you get just in case.

Comment

Yeah, go to Rockauto and look up a 1988, and then a 1991. Definite difference. Mine is an '89 and I think yhey went both ways that year. Compare to pics to be sure.

Comment

^^^ that difference in the '88 is probably carburetor or fuel injected. '88 was the first year for the fuel injected (in USA anyway) which they had to put on to get the automatic transmission to meet fuel efficiency standard in USA. The poster has the LX model which would be fuel injected. Carburetor was L model.

Comment

Here is the info returned by the Rockauto for the 1988 (Sorry I did not know those parts were different on the 1988 Festivas)

Home FORD E7GZ-10884-BTemp Sending Unit - Ford (E7GZ-10884-B)

1988-1989 Ford - e7gz10884b

More Information for ULTRA-POWER 1T1122
                        Continue Shopping
                        ULTRA-POWER 1T1122
                        $1.96
                        Price
                        Add to Cart
                        Point to Zoom
                        Sender; w/Gauge
                        Ultra-Power products come from a variety of sources including re-packaged, well-known brands and ISO/TSO/QS certified overseas factories. They share some of the same suppliers as the big brands do but keep costs low to pass the savings on to you.

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
                        Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 12329704, 856918510, 856918510A, E7GZ10884B, TS74
                        ULTRA-POWER Warranty Information:
                        12 Months
                        Last edited by 1990new; 09-03-2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Hope this helps- 1988 - https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...t=4748&jsn=920. 1991 - https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=4748&jsn=1018. Note the bigger diameter of the '91 model. Yours is probably the '88, but it is easy to unscrew it and look to be sure. You could have a different head or something. Honestly, Rockauto has never let me down. I would order one from them. Good luck!

Comment

Correction to post #11 above where I wrote '88 was the first year for fuel injection. Of course it was '89 and I knew that but mistyped and now it's too late to edit and correct that post.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
                              Correction to post #11 above where I wrote '88 was the first year for fuel injection. Of course it was '89 and I knew that but mistyped and now it's too late to edit and correct that post.
                              You are forgiven... I'm 77 years old and my typing fingers are getting more frequent short circuits from my brain than they used to also... but it sure is nice to still be alive and enjoying life.
                              Last edited by 1990new; 09-14-2022, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X