Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold start in-richner or injector/ sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold start in-richner or injector/ sensor?

1990 1.3 after engine is warmed up, out of the blue more and more, the high idle will come on, way high! so high 4-5k, I shut it off and restart it, completely flooded out raw fuel, black smoke, all of it. every cylinder drowned with gas. if I hold it to the throttle to the floor and practically burn up the starter sometimes it will restart, otherwise it a 2-3 hour cool off period before it wiil start.

Duplicate post deleted

Comment

Welcome to the forum... always happy to see new members joining.

First thing I would suggest to you is to have a good fire extinguisher nearby anytime you go near your Festiva until you get this problem fixed.

First thing that comes to my mind regarding your problem is the fuel pressure regulator on your fuel rail. If the regulator is not opening to allowing the excess fuel under pressure to return to your gas tank, it can cause a problem like you describe. But there are other cause to consider as well.

Check out this thread and read all the posts. It has posts which describe how the EFI fuel supply system works and it may help you discover your problem.
      Ok Im no noob & have been chasing this for a bit, but am now running out of patience. Backstory: picked up a 93 shortly ago for a couple hundred bucks. good but not great shape. Brought home performed resuscitation including tune up and oil change and knowing it had sat for some time, before starting drained tank, cleaned

Comment

Might also want to look at chemical additives to fuel to clean out system fuel, injector cleaner, etc. Admittedly they may take a bit of time to work if crud is the problem but it's easy and inexpensive to try. Good luck.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
        X