Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1995 WB Festiva won't go over 30klm/hr & won't rev.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 WB Festiva won't go over 30klm/hr & won't rev.

Hi, I hope someone could shed some light.
    My WB 1995 Festiva all of a sudden won't rev high once on the road.
    If the car sits for 10-15 minutes, when I turn it over it will rev to red line & I can drive off like normal for about 5-600 metres & then it refuses to rev & accelerate.
    it seems to be fuel related because when I open the throttle it dies. if I use 1/3rd throttle it will slowly (very slowly) accelerate to about 30-40klm/hr.
    After which it will struggle to idle when I stop & will even cut out.
    When I push the accelerator more & open the butterfly the car loses power. So to me it seems to not have enough fuel when the throttle body opens up to allow more air in.
    I've replaced the fuel pump because I had a new one sitting here, so it's not the pump.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I'm thinking fuel pressure regulator because it still does it at idle & after the car has driven a few hundred metres. Is there anything I am missing?

Thank you

Duplicate
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

The Haynes manual says if the computer detects a problem with the fuel pressure regulator it tuns on the "check engine" light on the instrument panel and stores a trouble code of "25". I don't know if the computer can catch all the failings of a pressure regulator. It just checks for valid electical signals. Somebody else will problably know more about it. Since the problem sounds generic a search of the Internet on just the symptoms, eg "car won't go over 30kph and won't rev" should bring up some suggestions while waiting for help here. Good luck.

PS Searching the Internet on "How to test car fuel pressure regulator" might also help. They are pretty ubiquitous now.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I would try something simple like swapping out your ECU with another one from the junk yard.

Comment

Working...
        X