Poppin, missing, won't go up hill, just fucking dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poppin, missing, won't go up hill, just fucking dies

My boyfriend's currently fighting with our 90 festiva L m/t in a gas station parking lot. It's our only vehicle as of two or three weeks ago and the neighbor two doors down had it sitting in a bush since at least 2004. It's been sitting there since she moved in and she didn't know wtf to do with it. At some point someone had drilled out the ignition which was convenient, and obviously tried to start it bc of the intake and allat being off. He got it running but not toooo great. It burnt through two junkyard fuel pumps and we got one from his grandfather's freaking c4 Corvette on it now. Tank kept filling pump n filters full of blahhh so he rinsed all of it and he said there's probably tiny amount of yuck left but not enough to be doing this and the fuel pump isnt full of gook so idfk. He fixed wiring that was eaten by mice, could possibly be some he missed but it wouldn't be slowly getting worse yk? Obviously whole car gotta get a once over soon but rn we are freezing in a gas station parking lot bc it barely fuckin runs. Like pump the throttle to get it to high revs and dump the clutch or ride tf outta it and it just goes a foot or two now. Before it was a little better at least. It runs decent downhill, like throttle response is decent. He put new plugs in it yesterday which kinda helped for like 5-10 miles I think, and when he just checked to see if spark plugs were the issue they were lose, twisted themselves out a little but he tightened em and it helped but its obviously not enough. Please help, it's Pennsylvania and it's after dark now and I'm outta idea man

Since it's dark you can check for sparks from bad ignition connetions. You might just want to hitchkike home and come back in the morning. Good luck.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Moderator? I've been in some crap situations but didn't feel it proper to post an expletive filled rant on the site.

Comment

Working...
      X