Transmission mount bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission mount bolt

My transmission gave out so I took it to a shop to get it replaced. It seems they forgot one of the bolts for the transmission mount and now it clunks here and there. Does anyone have the bolt size and thread pitch for that bolt?

Please clarify... Do you have manual or automatic transmission? You need a bolt that attaches front? or rear? transmission mount to the transmission? or one of the bolts that mounts the transmission to the engine?
    I probably have the bolt that you need and can send it to you if you will please clarify?
    Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
      Please clarify... Do you have manual or automatic transmission? You need a bolt that attaches front? or rear? transmission mount to the transmission? or one of the bolts that mounts the transmission to the engine?
      I probably have the bolt that you need and can sent it to you if you will please clarify?
      Thanks,
      5spd manual, not sure, havent checked yet. Im sure it's the rear though, from what ive seen around its a fairly hidden bolt so
      trans to the chassis i believe

Comment

Originally posted by Riceplant View Post

5spd manual, not sure, havent checked yet. Im sure it's the rear though, from what ive seen around its a fairly hidden bolt so
        trans to the chassis i believe
        There are two bolts that attach your rear transmission support to the transmission. There is a stud that sticks out of it at about 120 degrees to the rear and goes into a hole in the transmission support beam (which is hard to get lined up and dropped in). a washer and nut secure it to the beam.
        It is possible that everything is attached but your rear transmission support is in pieces and not doing its job. Those support are still available and not that expensive.
        If I were you I would jack up the car, secure it with jack stands and get under there and make sure it's just a missing bolt (or missing nut).
        Let me know what you find out (In the meantime I will check to see if I have a good rear motor support for you.)

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post

There are two bolts that attach your rear transmission support to the transmission. There is a stud that sticks out of it at about 120 degrees to the rear and goes into a hole in the transmission support beam (which is hard to get lined up and dropped in). a washer and nut secure it to the beam.
          It is possible that everything is attached but your rear transmission support is in pieces and not doing its job. Those support are still available and not that expensive.
          If I were you I would jack up the car, secure it with jack stands and get under there and make sure it's just a missing bolt (or missing nut).
          Let me know what you find out (In the meantime I will check to see if I have a good rear motor support for you.)
          Sorry for taking forever. It's been wet and busy.
          I just got under and felt around. Seems like everything's doing it's job and bolted down.
          I had it up and was revving it and didn't feel any clunk.
          It's weird.
          It also clunks on startup here and there too.
          I legitimately have 0 idea what it could be lmao

Comment

If all the mount bolts are attached I would check the rubber inside the mounts. It can be broken apart and appear to be intact when at rest or the engine is just running with no torque on the mounts. I would ask the person who replaced the transmission if they noticed any problem with the mounts.

Also make sure the transmission support beam bolts are attached securely and the bushings in them are good. Those wear out also.

Comment

Working...
            X