timing belt cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing belt cover

I am having a hard time finding a new or used timing belt cover for my 93 festiva, I know it has the same engine as mazdas of that era, so before I spend the money could someone confirm that the upper (B63010510B) and lower (B63010500D) from the protege is the same?
    Thanks in advance!

Sorry, can't answer your question but the Festiva had the B3 engine. I understand the B6 was bolt compaitble and some people have replaced the B3 with a B6 in their Festiva's. According to the Wikipedia link below the Protege used the B8 engine which had a larger block so be careful there. That's not to say they all didn't use the same timing belt cover but if you can find a set from the B3 or B6 you'd be okay. If possible I'd look at the pattern of the bolt holes and measure the distances between the bolt holes to eliminate any which are not a match..

Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I was able to source new ones for my 1990 from a site called FourGreen.com out of South Korea. This was several years ago though, and I’m not sure if they still stock parts for our cars.
      1990 Festiva - Throttle Body/Manual Transmission
      Bought in 2003 with 65k, now 219k

1988 Festiva - Carb/Manual Transmission
      Bought in 2015 with 150k

Comment

You can purchase the cover at the link I added
        The Festiva Store, all things for Festivas, Mazda 121's and Kia Prides. Some products may apply to the protege and other mazda cares as well. Fix your shifter, modify your car through new accessories, or update some parts to make your car run and drive as good as new.
        SEMPER FIDELIS

Comment

You can purchase the cover at the link I added
          The Festiva Store, all things for Festivas, Mazda 121's and Kia Prides. Some products may apply to the protege and other mazda cares as well. Fix your shifter, modify your car through new accessories, or update some parts to make your car run and drive as good as new.
          SEMPER FIDELIS

Comment

Working...
          X