red and red/yellow stripe wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red and red/yellow stripe wire

i've checked here on the forums but i didn't see it.i'm trying to see if the red/red and yellow stripe wires near the steering column are associated with the turn signals.i still have yet to track down the problem to as why they stopped working.one end of the wires goes into a white plug on the back of the ignition cylinder and the other side is cut and that end is on the left side of the cylinder below a couple of other sets of two wires.thanks for any help.p.s. my hazards don't work either;all other lights work.
    2005 IASCA WORLD CHAMPION

Both turn signals not working? Haynes manual suggests blown fuse, fault in flasher unit, broken switch, or loose or open connection. Haynes manual has some wiring diagrams. A search of Internet on "Festiva wiring diagrams" gets plenty of hits. Wiring differs from year to year. Haynes manual shows RED/YEL wire from "multifunction switch" (aka comboswitch) to "parking lamp relay" on 1990-93, from "backup lamp switch" to "backup lamps"s on 1993-and-earler, from "dash fuse box" to "fog lamp relay" on 1994-and-later. That's all I can see. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by WmWatt; 06-02-2023, 06:20 PM.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

thanks for the reply.yes both signals are not working.ive checked all fuses installed a new multifunction switch,checked all the bulbs,and installed a new flasher unit as well.
      2005 IASCA WORLD CHAMPION

Comment

Working...
      X