Rack and Pinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack and Pinion

Does anyone know where I can get a Rack and Pinion for my 1991 Ford Festiva L?

The Festiva Store and RockAuto used to carry them, but I just checked and The Festiva Store does not show them in their catalogue and RockAuto shows them as Out Of Stock.
    There are some Listed on Ebay. However you need to be careful to make sure they have the correct inner tie rod end length for the Festiva. The same manual rack fits the Aspire but the inner tie rod ends are longer. If you are not able to locate one, I have a steel housing one that I rebuilt. (Has the mounting hardware to go with it).
    You can pick it up for Free or pay shipping and I will send it to you. It has only one new outer tie rod end on it though.
    Last edited by 1990new; 01-28-2024, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post

There are some Listed on Ebay. However you need to be careful to make sure they have the correct inner tie rod end length for the Festiva. .
      Yep. I just did this job on my '90 2 weeks ago. I got the rack from eBay. I was impressed - it is a decent looking part. Definitely check the inner rod! Luckily, I had new rods of the right length. The bad part....I had to do the job twice! Ha!

Comment

Festiva Steering Rack 1.jpg

Looks like shipping from Charleston SC to Jonesboro AR would be $29.75 USPS Ground Advantage™
        Normal Delivery Time Fri, Feb 2 $29.75 $29.75

This rack has new OEM inside right bushing. New inner tie rod ends and 1 new outer tie rod end on the left side, new grease and new boots.
        If you want it please PM me with your shipping info. I would like shipping payment via Paypal if possible.
        Thanks...
        This is the last good rack I have and I had saved it to put on my Trixie but decided not to go to the trouble of removing the bad one after I discovered that I could replace the right inside bushing and inner tie rod end without removing the rack from the car.
        If Janie in Arkansas does not want to pay the postage for shipping it and someone else would like to have it, please PM me.
        Last edited by 1990new; 01-30-2024, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Is that one Nate rebuilt?
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I rebuilt it myself a few years ago. I think I posted a thread with picture's when I did it. I got the the last bushings that Fourgreen had and sold most of them. Don’t have any more. I gave away another rack that I had rebuilt last year. The worm gear is normally still ok in these. It’s just the right bushing and inner tie rod ends that fail. I clean out the old grease and add new grease too.

Comment

Working...
            X