Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch noise & rear window latch

Hey all! I have 2 questions:

I’m getting a small baby grind every time I shift into 5th gear. I seem to have plenty of pedal, and every other gear is great. Is this something that an adjustment might fix, or is this a symptom of an upcoming clutch replacement?

Second is a little thing. My left rear window pops open every time I close a door, and the latch won’t stay latched. Is there a remedy for this, or do I need to replace it?

Thanks!

1990 Festiva - Throttle Body/Manual Transmission
    Bought in 2003 with 65k, now 219k

1988 Festiva - Carb/Manual Transmission
    Bought in 2015 with 150k

I don't know about clutch adjustments but it seems like something common to all manual transmission so a search of the Internet should provide the information. However I would check the shifter linakges which become worn. I have replaced the rear bolt on mine and need to replace the front to reduce sloppy shifting. You can find lots of posts on this site about sloppy shifting and shift linkage bushings. I would also do a visual check for leaking transmission fluid and check the fluid level which is also covered in poast posting on the site. Basically you pull the speedometer cable out of the top of the transmission and on it find the mark for correct fluid level, is a dip stick just like for crankcase oil. Good luck. BW I have had clutch chatter from time to time varying with the seasons. I've read it could be glazing of depostis but for me I suspect occasional moisture due to our cold winters here.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by jrclark32 View Post

I’m getting a small baby grind every time I shift into 5th gear. I seem to have plenty of pedal, and every other gear is great. Is this something that an adjustment might fix, or is this a symptom of an upcoming clutch replacement?

Second is a little thing. My left rear window pops open every time I close a door, and the latch won’t stay latched. Is there a remedy for this, or do I need to replace it?

Thanks!

Remedy for you window latch.... I have a window latch that will stay put.. and it's free if you pick up or you can pay shipping.
      PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by jrclark32 View Post

Thanks!

I still have your address from back in 2018 when I sent you the column multiswitch that you order on the mass order to Fourgreen in South Korea.
        If you haven't moved.. I will get you a quote on the shipping of the window latch and PM you shortly.

Comment

Working...
        X