Seat Belt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Belt Question

I searched this topic. I found where people were going from automatic seatbelts(or are they electric seatbelts, not sure of the term) to manual seatbelts, but couldn't find any on manual seatbelts to the automatic seatbelts. The reason I ask is, I am picking up a parts car this weekend that has the seat belts that are automatic and my main ride has manuals that don't work properly, so I wanted to swap them if it's not to hard. Is it a hard swap? Pros vs Cons? Swap tips?

To be honest, it'll prevent me from getting anymore seatbelt tickets!!! ops: And they said those things I did in high school wouldn't affect me when I got older :hippy2: ....they lied....what were we talking about? :confused4:
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

be eaiser to put a switch on your car to where you cant start it without your belt on i believe lol. from what i understand the tracks are welded to the roof. but i could be wrong
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

no, belt tracks are bolted in. Its not the tracks that are the pain in the butt, it's the wiring. You'll need to swap your door latches (90-93 have switches in them for the belt system), and run a bunch of wiring for limit switches, etc...
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I replaced my manual seatbelt on my 88 festiva L but then the engine crapped out on me. So I know have a parts car. A new seat belt cost me 214 dollars. Calif. does not allow the purchase of "used" seat belts. However my new belt only saw about 4 months of wear. I have it available if you go that route.
        kned33

91 blue Festiva GL (totaled)
        88 white Festiva L (sold)
        91 blue Festiva L (sold)

Comment

Working...
        X