My new Festiva minor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Festiva minor problem

ok i just got a 1990 ford festiva L plus 2dr and the only problem i have is that the fan keeps running i don't know where the fan relay is at so i can test it but my question is how can i stop the fan from running all the time :shock:

as soon as i put the key in and turn it (not starting the car) the fan turns on and it stays on until i turn the car off how do i fix this problem? :?:

I had this problem once. On mine. I had to locate the wire near the water outlet, and put a new end on it. With a bad connection, the ecm does not get a signal(I guess), and the fan always stays on.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

yep, its a failsafe on the temp sensor that runs the fan... inside the fan thermostat switch it stays grounded when cool, keeping the fan from kicking on... the fan comes on when the ground is broken by the thermostat. That is why if there is any problem with the wire running to the thermo switch or with the switch itself, the fan will run whenever the key is on. Mazda figured it was better to have it work that way than have a setup where the fan would never come on if the switch failed. Try sticking a small jumper wire in the little flat blade connector on the switch wire and grounding it while the fan is running (I'd do that with the key "on" but without the engine running, probably safer that way). If the fan stops then the problem is the switch... just replace the switch and everything should be fine again... if the fan keeps running then the problem in somewhere in that wire or the connector. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

ok thanks alot i will try that tomorrow

Comment

thanks people i went out to do that check and it work so now i need a switch thanks again people

Comment

Working...
          X