a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little help

what should i use to get my door panel off?
    my extremely advanced festiva shop manual informed me that it had retainer clips.

just tell what i should use. please. :?
    it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

i use my hands, but u could use a small pry-bar, flat screwdriver, anything of that sort, just make sure you dont break the clips, they usually pop right out.
    blue flake 89L shaved hatch, Lowered, BP swap in progress, bobtail bumper, 5spd tranny, acura 5 spoke 15" wheels and fiberglass dash

Comment

A philips screwdriver for the arm rest, the inside door handle, and the screw at the bottom-front, down low. Don't know how else to describe it. lol. Also, something with a wider end to pop the retainer clips?? that hold the panel in place. The retainer ring that holds the window crank in place can be removed with a washcloth, believe it or not. Just hold it tight, slide it in between the crank and the door, and slide it back and forth. It works. That's about it, hope this helps. :wink:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

The help section in auto parts stores usually have a special tool for the retainer clips, it is cheap, but not necessary. Hard to explain what it looks like, sorta like a WIDE flathead screwdriver, with a slot in the middle of the blade. You slide it between the clip and the door, and it pops em right off, and keeps from breaking them so they can be reused, and not have the door cover flapping around. I paid like $4 for one.....
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
        X