Sagging doors...like grannys b**bs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sagging doors...like grannys b**bs

Both my doors sag a bit,unlike granny,who sagged a lot .Easy fix or are there new ones to be had ? I know I can get a set at the j/y,but,if they are cheap enough,I would just get new.Thanks...Granny says Hi.

How do you know the sag is in the door and not the hinges or jam? Just asking.
    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Actually,I don't.Good point.I will have to check into this...

Comment

Pick up on the door while it is open. Test for fit repeat until satisfied. Done it. It works. Feel free to correct me if anybody knows better.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Maybe you need the 38 piece festiva hinge set ?

sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
            Pick up on the door while it is open. Test for fit repeat until satisfied. Done it. It works. Feel free to correct me if anybody knows better.
            What do you mean by this? Like try and lift the car via the door until it bends itself to the right spot? Because my driver's side door sags a bit after I replaced it, and it would be nice to get it to sit properly.

Comment

No correction necessary...but don't you fix every thing by picking it up? I seen you pull an engine.
              Joe Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz
                but don't you fix every thing by picking it up? I seen you pull an engine.

Whats wrong with that, it is part of why I love baby car! If I need a workout, I just curl the engine a couple hunnert times!

:headbang:
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz
                  No correction necessary...but don't you fix every thing by picking it up? I seen you pull an engine.

Heheheh .... guilty.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

So the solution is just to basically pick the car up by the door to bend it back in to place? I still have this problem..and it causes me to have to slam my door pretty hard in order to get it to shut properly.

Comment

^^have you tried adjusting the door pin that latches the door shut? It takes a star tool to loosen it up and then you can move it around a bit so it matches with the door latch. If that does not correct it I would try a little adjusting via the other door hinge bolts a little. But if all else fails....refer to Carbons method...lol, provided the doors are just bent down some from being leaned on and such for assitence getting out of the car or during a Festiva meet that the owner stood talking for hours and leaned on the door to relieve back pressure..hehehehe
                      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      There ain't no rest for the wicked
                      until we close our eyes for good.
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Well I had replaced the door after someone hit it, and I was never able to get it to sit right..no matter how much I adjusted the hinges.

Comment

^^That stinks...the problem is in other areas beside the door itself...the pillers probalbly twisted.
                          Joe Lutz

Comment

Working...
                          X