cluster with tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cluster with tach

I bought a instrument cluster with tach off of ebay but when I installed it in my 91 festiva L it blows my meter fuse, according to what I read my car should have the right wiring in it. Anyone have any clues to whether I've got a wiring problem or did I just get ripped off.
    Matt

i suppose that all depends on how much you paid for it!...i'm assuming you disconected the battery before installing it right?
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

could b as simple as something briding the circut or a fraid wire, could b the rocks in the empty cluster... LOL just kidding this one is hard to tell ya how to test it over the net... might want to take it to a dealer and have them check it out...

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the tip about unhooking the battery now i really feel dumb.
        Matt

Comment

Hey Wil

How about adding that to your how-to? I know I didn't on my swap and had no problems, but maybe I just lucked out. My repair manual CD said to disconnect the battery (and also steering wheel cover) for this swap.

Kinda thing that is obvious for some, but others (like me) would never think of, until shit happens
          I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

I have swapped at least 10 of them without the battery being disconnected..

Here are a few general questions..

Are the plugs on the right connectors?

Are the connector guide stems broke off allowing the plugs to be installed incorrectly?

Did you put the original one back and see if it still blows the fuse?

Comment

ya i never unhooked my batt to swap them

Comment

Working...
              X