drive train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive train

i have a 93 festiva L, 5 speed tranny, 2 door, live in Brighton, CO. Here is my problem. When im driving the car, it seems like one of the front wheels grabs more than the other when i am accelerating. This causes the car to sway a little. Now it didnt do this before. I changed the front struts out about 6 months ago. For awhile, the springs seemed to like bang a little when i accelerated quickly. Is there a certain way that the spring should be set in the base. It is not popping now but now i have the sway, any suggestions would be helpful. you can email me at tthomll@comcast.net too with any suggestions
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

How are your sway bar bushings ?
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

low air pressure in that tire ,brake drag, or wheel bearings going bad.
      1960 willys pickup
      1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
      1989 festiva
      1990 festiva for parts
      1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

drive train

ty, ill check these out
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

ty for your feedback for the ones that did. I replaced the rotors, calipers, bearings, control arm bushings, and sway bar bushings and the car is driving like a new car. Took all the sway out of it
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

it is nice to be able to do your own work. just think how much the labor cost would have been to do all of that at a garage!

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear
              ty for your feedback for the ones that did. I replaced the rotors, calipers, bearings, control arm bushings, and sway bar bushings and the car is driving like a new car. Took all the sway out of it
              I am curious about your antisway bar bushings. Did you replace the bushings in the front under the radiator or the ones that are on the ends in the control arms or both? If you did the front bushings, I was wondering what you used?
              ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
              #2 .....Cheesehead
              #3 '91 White - Donor Car
              #4 .....Montana Project
              SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
              Bought her back for $450
              Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

^^Good question....on mine...1992L, 146K....front ruber is in good condition.....controll arm rubber is a little dry rotted....however; the sway bar at the control arm is rusted a little thin.
                Have all new ready for install with struts and drive shafts.
                Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

the front bushings under the radiator were in good condition. I replaced the bushings that go into the control arm, they are the ones that get the most action going around corners.. And yes, it was nice being able to do my own work, im 60 and still loving it. Im going to start on the rear end here shortly and also do motor mounts. I have fun working on my festiva. If you look at my picture in gallery, you will see i cut hatchback off and made a small truck out of it. May even put a sunroof in it or just cut top off and build me a portable one. As my kids say I LOVE TO CUSTOMIZE
                  01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                  X