88 carb vs. 90 efi rad fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 carb vs. 90 efi rad fans

One of the guys around here came over looking for a rad fan.. his Festiva is an 88 carbed.. the fan motor is 1/4" smaller than all the efi fan motors I have.. the stock 88 bracket that holds it will not host the newer fan motor.. the part numbers from most mc parts stores give the same size fan motor as my efi.. Has anyone else had a smilar experience?

hmm, maybe a mid year part change or something?
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

I've noticed many slight differences between the different years of Festivas. Some of the stuff I noticed was that there's no mounting bracket for a condenser fan on the carb'd Festivas; some have coat hooks, some don't; the plastic speaker things in the back are grey in some and an ugly brown in others; the A/C compressors from carb'd and EFI Festivas have different connectors; the engine A/C wiring harness from a EFI Festiva will not plug into a carb'd Festiva's main harness (and vice versa); etc....

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

DJ, I noticed the same thing when i was swapping parts from my '89 carb'd parts car into my ' 90 FI daily driver. I had the cooling fans laid on the floor side by side and they were different, but it worked for me cause I used the radiator and cooling fan from the '89 as an assembly.
        Kevin
        '93 L (BP{T} Sold
        '90 L Plus Sold
        '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

Working...
        X