BP installed... Its alive now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP installed... Its alive now...

well i installed my BP over the past few day, got everything wired and what not, right now there is no exhaust from the manifold down and no pass. side mount. for some reason there is no spark... any suggestions????
    blue flake 89L shaved hatch, Lowered, BP swap in progress, bobtail bumper, 5spd tranny, acura 5 spoke 15" wheels and fiberglass dash

Are you using the festiva harness or did you use a BP harness?

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

i used the Festiva harness.
      blue flake 89L shaved hatch, Lowered, BP swap in progress, bobtail bumper, 5spd tranny, acura 5 spoke 15" wheels and fiberglass dash

Comment

i followed your swap guide step by step, any ideas?

Comment

ground strap??

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i put 3 grounds to different spots on the engine to make surit wasnt that... and still no spark.

Comment

Umm how about normal things to check? Cracked cap? Rotor missing? Disty plug not plugged in? Coil wire not firmly connected.
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

there isnt any sark comming from the coil itself, let alone a cracked cap being the problem.

Comment

nobody has any ideas...................................?????????? ?

Comment

Did you see the BP run? Did you swap the dist connector properly? I think it will run without the 4th wire hooked up. Just make sure the other 3 are correct. Is the ECU plugged in? Try swapping coils and dist if you have others.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Are your sure the coil has no spark? How did you test this? The best way is to hold the hi-tension coil wire, end that connects to the center tower of the dist, near ground.

Connect a tach to the tach connector near the coil...if you have RPM's, the secondary of the coil is shot. A multi-meter set to AC will suffice for this test.

Other than that...you need the electrical schematic and need to do a point by point test.

The need for spark is created by the pulse pick up in the dist. This signal is fed to the ECA. The ECA then fires the coil.
                      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

the coil was bad and the wire I ran to the ECU came out, fixed those, cranked it and it roared to life!!!! But do I use the festiva alternator or tv BP's???

Comment

the festiva one has worked fine for me.

Comment

X2

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

wow i cant wait to drive this beast, i hit the pedal and it went from 1,000 rpm's to redline faster then my 2nd Gen eclipse ever did. i still need to run exhaust, tie up and wrap a few wires, figure out all the coolant lines ( so darn many, oil cooler, throttle body cooler, intake) then i need to make sure everything is tight and fab up my pass. side mount, and install the alt. as for the crank pulley, there is no way to put my B3 pulley onto the BP, they are simpley WAYY to diff. SO i am taking the BP pulley to a machine shop and having them cut the second groove of the pulley off with a band saw. i hope this will work. ill let you all know if i get to drive it tomorrow or not. im praying i will.

Comment

Working...
                              X