Headlight, Highlight>??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight, Highlight>??????????

well the festi runs good, getting a tune up in a few weeks (gonna need help with that )

but anyways, when i turn my lights on. when its on regular , the right side works and when i turn onmy highs, then only the left works

could it just be the bulbs or some electrica lwiring mishap?

most likely just bulbs as they are dual filiment and one tends to go before the other, never at the same time.
    blue flake 89L shaved hatch, Lowered, BP swap in progress, bobtail bumper, 5spd tranny, acura 5 spoke 15" wheels and fiberglass dash

Comment

^ X2

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Probably bulbs, although I've been having an intermittent problem with my right hand headlight, but its the opposite. I have no low beam but high is fine. I have some kinda short in the plug I think because I've taken the bulb out and checked it and its fine, and if I wiggle the connector I can sometimes get the low to work for a while. But yeah, check the bulb first by plugging it into the other side and seeing if it works, before you try to chase down a wiring issue.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Swap the bulbs and see if the problem follows the bulbs!?!?!
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

what tools do i need to swap em 1st?

Comment

to change headlight bulbs? you don't need tools, well maybe for the passenger side since the airbox is in the way which i beleive is 10mm bolts

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

oo aight thanx man

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid
                  to change headlight bulbs? you don't need tools, well maybe for the passenger side since the airbox is in the way which i beleive is 10mm bolts
                  He shouldn't even need that. His car is carbed. Should just need your bare hands.
                  Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                  Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                  White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                  White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                  Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                  Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                  Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                  White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Lamps can be changed with out removing the 'air-box'...not easy....in matter of fact it really s***s...had do do it the parking lot.
                    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Working...
                    X