Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interference on the speakers when accelerating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interference on the speakers when accelerating?

:shock:
    Guys,

Does anybody experienced a high pitch interference coming out of the speakers when accelerating?

When the car is idle, the sound system is clean and smooth. I don't hear any interference when I rev up (neutral)but when I shift to 1st gear and step up the pedal, during high revs I hear a high pitch. The pitch gets high when the rev gets high. I didn't have this problem before. Please help.

thanks! :roll:

my friend had a 97 Z71 that did the same thing...replaced the radio and it stoped....what kinda radio do ya got in it???
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

It's the cars electrics sending out EM at the same frequency as the station you're listening to. Usually a well grounded radio won't have this problem, double check that the ground on your radio is getting good contact.
      OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by studdyhalllooser
        my friend had a 97 Z71 that did the same thing...replaced the radio and it stoped....what kinda radio do ya got in it???
        I have a Pioneer DEH-1450(Single CD player).

Comment

Originally posted by oxbrain
          It's the cars electrics sending out EM at the same frequency as the station you're listening to. Usually a well grounded radio won't have this problem, double check that the ground on your radio is getting good contact.
          This also happens when listening to my CD. When I turn off the whole stereo then I don't hear any interference. I will try to bypass my car amplifier and check if it has something to do with it. Thanks

Comment

Its a gremlin under your seat that blows his whistle at just the right moment to piss you off. A can of Raid should solve the problem.
            :cat:
            Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

Come on Feel the Noise!

there is a wire going from the distributor to the coil that is a noise suppressor. It many be missing or defective perhaps. ( dont know if it is the same on a fuel injected model though)

krankendil (Ohio)

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty
                Its a gremlin under your seat that blows his whistle at just the right moment to piss you off. A can of Raid should solve the problem.
                Well this gremlin really pisses me off..hehehe

Comment

Re: Come on Feel the Noise!

Originally posted by Krankendil
                  there is a wire going from the distributor to the coil that is a noise suppressor. It many be missing or defective perhaps. ( dont know if it is the same on a fuel injected model though)

krankendil (Ohio)
                  I don't get it why this 'whistling' sound only goes out to one speaker at the back. Maybe its the speaker itself or might be the right channel on my amps. :cry:

Thanks for the tips guys!

Comment

who installed it? Usually means something is shoddily hooked up.

If you have a RCA or speaker wire that is very close to a thick power wire, the sound of the ignition will go straight into the speakers & cause that sound.

It could also indicate a poor quality FM receiver in the radio. if it does it when you play CD's as well, it is definitely a bad connection or badly routed speaker wire.
                    Wil
                    02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                    00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                    05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                    93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                    96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                    93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

LMFAO I am starting to like you more and more.. is it a gremlin like in the old bugs bunny that hits the bomb with a hammer? LMAO lol after a bad bad day that one put a grin on my face ty kitty LMAO

Comment

El Cheapo spark plug wires can also cause the noise you are describing :wink:
                        Kevin
                        '93 L (BP{T} Sold
                        '90 L Plus Sold
                        '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

well from what I have heard from others festy's like to go through wires alot... I know mine need replaced.. I just like the light show at night ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by rotinaj13
                            LMFAO I am starting to like you more and more.. is it a gremlin like in the old bugs bunny that hits the bomb with a hammer? LMAO lol after a bad bad day that one put a grin on my face ty kitty LMAO
                            The little one with the big ears? Yeah, something like that. You couldn't fit one of the larger gremlins in a Festiva.

Rat traps work well for those as well but the splatter can stain carpets.
                            :cat:
                            Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

LMAO well I can see I found a new friend to raise hell with LOL don't let it get into the engine bay in buggs it took the engine apart... :shock:

Comment

Working...
                              X