auto tranny problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto tranny problem

i recently purchased a 92 festiva gl with around 71000 miles on it. while driving i noticed that the transmission slipped a little when shifting. not all the time, just sometimes. so today after i get off of work, after driving 40 miles or so, i get home and decide to check the fluid. i let it idle for a few minutes and when i pulled the dipstick, fluid went everywhere. all over me, the engine, everywhere. so i'm guessing that there is pressure building up somewhere. any ideas? maybe it had too much fluid to begin with?

Where you check the fluid with the engine running? I thought you where only suppose to do it after the car has been warmed up then shut off. Besides the fluid you got all over your self how was the level? :-)

Comment

was too mad to check the level afterwards. shoved the dipstick back in as fat as i could. engine was running. i'll check the owners manual about running or not. i thought it was supposed to be.

Comment

It is suppose to be running when you check, and theres a vent tube right on the top, its a rubber tube with a metal plug in the end, this plug actually has holes along the side, and it sounds like yours is plugged up, this will cause the case to pressurize, mine did this once, I had to take the metal thing out of the end of the tube and clean the passages, that should fix it right up! :wink:

Comment

i just saw in the owners manual, engine running. i'll take a look at the tube tomorrow. thanks

Comment

Working...
          X