BP idle problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP idle problems.

ok, i today i put in my CAI and relocated my battery to the rear of the car, bought a speacial battery box and everything, ill post pictures tomorrow, but there is still one problem with my BP engine. no matter what i do, it WILL NOT IDLE, at stop signs and redlights i have to rev it up to keep it running. this is annoying me more than the vibration noise of the engine rubbing on the firewall (havent boxed it yet). and if i rev it up it, when i let off the gas it will go down to 3,000RPM's, then stay there idling at 3,000 and after about 20 seconds it will drop down to around 1,200RPM's, then it will just stall. Anybody have any ideas of why it would be doing this?
    blue flake 89L shaved hatch, Lowered, BP swap in progress, bobtail bumper, 5spd tranny, acura 5 spoke 15" wheels and fiberglass dash

just an idea but maybe TPS?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i havent tried changing it because its $120 dollars for a new one, is there a way i cant test it? or can i use the one off my B3?
      blue flake 89L shaved hatch, Lowered, BP swap in progress, bobtail bumper, 5spd tranny, acura 5 spoke 15" wheels and fiberglass dash

Comment

when i had mine off it looks the same as the B3's, it'd be worth a shot since it's free

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

well the part numbers are the same, so ill try it tomorrow, also, i looked at my B3 VAF and the one off my BP, they are the same, part numbers and all. so why was i told i would need it to do the swap? anyone know this?

Comment

take this off the motor. it held my throttle open for a second, and it would take for ever to wind down to shift, drove me crazy...
            took it off and now it is so much better

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Not really sure, but did you super secure your ground for the battery?
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

every connection is good, anybody got any ideas?

Comment

How dit it run before the CAI and battery swap? Very important answer.

The TPS can be easily opened and checked once it is removed from the throttle assembly. Once open it will be self explanitory how it works and how it should be tested if you know how to check for continuity. Make sure you mark the TPS housing before you remove it so it can be replace in the exact same spot....scribe a line or something. Your symptons do sound like a TPS...but I would doubt it went bad being some other things were changed.
                  Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                  The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

well i unpluged the TPS and turned the VAF sensor on its side.... and it runs..... magically, but if i lay the VAF down flat, it stalls.... and if i plug in the TPS.... it also stalls..... but its running great now, had no time for pics today. hopfully tomorrow.

Comment

another thought, is there any vacuum leaks in your intake hose? if so it may cause not enough sucksion to open the VAF causing it stall, might be far fetched idea but again, it's a free idea

Comment

Working...
                      X