head bolts finding problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head bolts finding problems

can anyone tell me where i can get head bolts for the 1.3 l engine i bought the gaskets but cant get the bolts where can i get them

jisengine.com should have them in stock, But you won't find them in their online catalog
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

dude, stock bolts are reuseable
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^^^^^^ayep^^^^^^
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

how do i get them then i wana finish it before winter is done my 74 bettle cant handle summer

Comment

yep! reuse your old ones and it's working just fine. Dont forget to re-torque it after the 100 and 500 miles of driving.

Comment

Originally posted by 88festiva1.3l
              how do i get them then i wana finish it before winter is done my 74 bettle cant handle summer

uh, reuse the ones you had already

Comment

head bolts are torque to yeild....the thread stretch. If i was rebuilding a engine or installing a new head, i woudn't be using old rusty crusty head bolts.
                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

so who sells the head bolts jesus i wana get it done i need my car asap and i need a simple piece under the throttle body that is broken

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES
                    head bolts are torque to yeild....the thread stretch. If i was rebuilding a engine or installing a new head, i woudn't be using old rusty crusty head bolts.
                    Just a clarification...torque to yield does not mean they strech...it means that if the are loaded any more...beyond yield...they will not recover. Also, if the threads are properly made and engagement is suffice...they will be stronger than the body diameter of the bolt.....just a clarification.
                    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

This was discussed a few weeks ago, Festy bolts were not TTY, I have reused the same ones on 3 diff heads, no probs that not overheating wouldn't solve

That said, I inspect em rto be sure they are all the same length, then soak the bolts in PB blaster, and let em sit overnight. I THEN chase them up with a die to be sure they have no rust or dirt in the threads.

Comment

Oh yeah, a link to the previous discusion

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES
                          not all head bolts or studs are torque to yield, that depends on the engineers who design the block/head combo. in our case, festy bolts may be reused as many times as needed if torqued properly.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

well i lost naby 2 or 3 bolts so yeah i need them lol

Comment

yer old friend the bone yard!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X