Shift rod Oil seal..Pls HELP a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift rod Oil seal..Pls HELP a newbie

Im just join your website and Ive been reading lot recently and I tried to scrub this repair forum about this and I really found nothing this... So anybody with great experience with trannies pls help me...

My shift rod( the one that has a rubber boot)that connects to the tranny has a leaking oil seal but I cant replace and pull it out because of a letter T like rod at the end of the rod and what I dont know is if this rod can be pulled out from the tranny or not... My mechanic and I are so puzzled so pls help.. Il try to POST some pic tom.. The oil seal has lid that holds the rubber boot. I hope you can picture it out with my explanation

I mean there is that I dont know if the rod can be pulled out and then I can insert the oil seal on the tranny..

Comment

By the way what I have is a KIA Pride 4 door hatch back and the model is a 91 carb engine with 1.1 liter on it manual tranny 5 speed from the philippines

Comment

how it looks like

This is how it looks like

1- from transmission

2- Oil seal with a lid that holds the rubber boot

3- bolt to that can be remove to seperate 2 rods

4- welded t- like rod- This is the one that prevents me from removing the oil seal and putting a new one in

5- rod to shifter

Question:

Is this how your shift rod also look like or does this look like its been modified already in a machine shop??

Can the rod be remove so that I can put an new oil seal in???

Comment

BTW this illustration is without a rubber boot

Comment

the transmission needs to be removed and disassembled. The shift rod is retained by a rollpin inside the trans. There's no other way to remove the shaft, sorry.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Oh really.. thats just what I and my mechanic suspected....But this is normal right??? Like the trans shift rod hasnt been modified yet?? oh and BTW thank for the reply mod.

Comment

shampooking YGPM..Thank you

Comment

from your description i don't think it has been modified or repaired. this is how it looks outside of the trans. unfortunately you do have to access the inside of the trans to replace the seal.

Comment

fortunately new seal is still available.

Comment

Great

yeah unfortunately on my case I bought the oil seal first just to figure out that I cant replace it myself.. But anyway I so relief to hear that it wasnt reallly modified as I thought it was.. THANK you so much for the picture F3BZ. I heard a lot of good feedbacks about you here.. Keep it up

Comment

Working...
                      X