I did something wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did something wrong.

Any help is always appreciated. I used some sea foam the way it says on the label, started the car up, kicked out smoke, ran for a bit, now nothing. Turns over but not running. 1991 Ford Festiva, AT, 180,000+, new timing belt,wires, plugs,etc..., cold air intake. I apologies if I am listing this incorrectly but I do need to get to work tomorrow.

Thanks for the help and this forum.

This has to be one of the bigger Duh's yet to be posted. Got outside, popped the hood and there it was------distributor wire came loose. Plugged it in and fired it up. Thank you for your time and patience

Comment

Happens to everyone, we all miss the simple things.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

I guarentee you arent the 1st one that has happened to. The good thing it was a cheap easy fix that cost you nothing more than a bit of embaressment.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Denial
          Understanding
          Humbling

That's nothing....
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

I would imagine that everyone here has done some dumb thing they won't even post here. "too dumb to post" might be a new forum for laughs.
            it runs so sweet
            91 L 5spd

Comment

At least, for the most part, we're all big enough to admit it. :lol:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I remember my most recent, where I didn't think of pushing the clutch in to move a car stuck in 5th so I could swap the tranny. *sighs* that was a loooong day, but hey, the car runs now
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqsauce
                  This has to be one of the bigger Duh's yet to be posted. Got outside, popped the hood and there it was------distributor wire came loose. Plugged it in and fired it up. Thank you for your time and patience
                  after having my car not start for a while, i had to clean the connection at the starter, when i got done that, i got in and it started cranking over (i was happy for a minute) it would not fire and i was getting MAD, so i popped the hood, got out SLAMMED the door shut, opened the hood and seen that i accidently knocked off the coil wire ops: put it back on and it fired right up

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Check your spark plug.. they might be wet..

Comment

I forgot to hook the VAF connector back up. The car would start but immediately die. I couldn't figure it out until I started to take everything back apart and noticed the wire wasn't connected. ops: plugged it in and took off. The bad part is that I've done that 3 or 4 times now but I'm getting quicker at finding the problem. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                      X