GOOD enough tool set???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOOD enough tool set???

its the low end line 83 piece tool set from craftsman.
    comes with metric, and standard.

i had to pay court fines and blah blah blah soooo

its 50$ and wondering will it do basic tune ups up to brake swaps.

i would want more wrenches, they do come in handy.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

That's very similar to the one that rides around in the trunk of my car. Never know when the J/y will have something I just have to have. :lol: :lol:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I have one very similar to that , I think mine is 150 pc.

I keep it where the storage tray is supposed to go , I have a small bungee cord that is connected across the seat mount , it keeps the kit from sliding out .
        Works very well
        ------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

i bought a 385pc craftsman set for $450 dollars...... and it still isn't enough..... for me anyways.
          blue flake 89L shaved hatch, Lowered, BP swap in progress, bobtail bumper, 5spd tranny, acura 5 spoke 15" wheels and fiberglass dash

Comment

you can NEVER have to many tools.
            you can NEVER have to much horse power, it traction that you can NEVER have enough of lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

My tool box in the garage is as big as my Festiva :lol:

I don't want to weigh the Festy down :lol:
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I'm over $15k in tools, three large tool boxes, and I still don't have enough...
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

so wouold this be enough to do basic tune ups, brake jobs?

Comment

lol i keep at least all my bendy wrenches from craftsmen plus socket long and short with swivels and extensions

Comment

and yeah cant leave home with out my rachets

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboi
                        so wouold this be enough to do basic tune ups, brake jobs?
                        Probably not ther are only 4 wrenches in that set....adn i bet there is nothing les than a 10mm in that set. So no your can't bleed your brakes if you needed to because they are 8mm.

Spend some cash on some metrics you'll never need standard SAE sizes for your car.

But here is a nice set:

---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I have the el cheapo $30 Canadian Tire 3/8 socket set. It does most jobs. Thre is a spark plug socket. One sockiet fits the oil drain plug. The 10mm socket fits most of the nuts and bolts I've removed. I also have an el chapo Canadian Tire set of open end wrenches. Together they do almost everything except the really big heavy jobs which I tend to take to a garage. Over the years you add more stuff as needed, or as you come across them at garage sales if you go. For diagnosis I've picked up an volt/amp meter, el cheapo Canadian Tire vcuum and compression guages, garge sale tachometer and timng lights, a rummage sale test light, and feeler guages for the spark plugs and valve clearances. In the car I carry the socket set in it's plastic box, and a metal tool box with the wrenches and other stuff like pliers, spare fuses, electrical tape, etc. There is also a bucket in the car with jumper cables, extra oil, brake fluid, ragf, rope, and some other things. That sounds like a lot but I'm over 60 and have accumulated a lot of junk in my time all of which I still have.
                          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

two words--WAL MART!! we got one set from them (i cant remember how much) but its great. it was the one marked "automotive." we've done a lot with that little set. its got box ends, sockets, spark plug wrench, screwdrivers, and allen wrenches.
                            89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                            92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                            New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

yah i seen a 100 piece toll set at walmart for 50, ill chec it out.

thanks for all the advise guys.

ill make sure it has 10 mm b/c thats what most bolts seeem to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X