Bluish Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluish Smoke

Hi...I have bluish-white smoke coming out of my muffler's tailpipe.It gets bluer <I think> when I accelerate.Should I be concerned about this?
    Thanx,
    N.Y.
    Hello Festiva people!

It sounds like the source may be oil. Depending on the amount of smoke it could be serious. It may be time for a rebuild or an engine swap.

Comment

sounds like it could b the head gasket

Comment

Burning oil could come from a lot of places.

If it happens after idling at a stop light then chances are it's valve stem seals.

If it always happens it could any number of things.

Don't freak out. Step one would be to change your PCV valve.

Step two would to do two treatments of www.auto-rx.com and hope for the best. If it's just dirty valve stem seals (not physically damaged) then you're golden. If your ring packs are just gummed up and not wiping the cylinders clean then you're golden.....if they're physically damaged then you're SOL.

Auto-rx isn't a 5 minute flush with a solvent. It's a 6500 mile commitment to cleaning. It's made of an organic ester which will clean the living crap out or your engine. Esters are wonderful little cleaners and are found in all kinds of stuff....including part of the additive package for synthetic motor oils.

You know that "Start-up" motor oil with polarized molecules that "cling" for start-up? Yeah, that's esters. They're polar in nature and thus attracted to metal.
        www.dantheoilman.com
        AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
        Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
        Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Bluish Smoke

Hi,everybody,thanks for the tips.I changed the PCV valve <all by myself!> but I still see some blue in there.Also put this stuff in the engine called No-Smoke,but I still see a little blue.Also in the radiator,I see antifreeze
          welling up around there,the outer edge.Was it from the heat maybe? Is this normal?I never saw it before!
          Thanx,
          N.Y.
          Hello Festiva people!

Comment

Re: Bluish Smoke

Originally posted by noreneol
            Also in the radiator,I see antifreeze
            welling up around there,the outer edge.Was it from the heat maybe? Is this normal?I never saw it before!
            Thanx,
            N.Y.
            huh? could u please eliaberate a little more on that thanks

Comment

I wouldn't trust that "no smoke" product.

10:1 odds say it's just a REALLY thick oil.
              www.dantheoilman.com
              Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Antifreeze

OK...I see the antifreeze welling up around the top of the radiator.There are no leaks;I checked.The cap seems to be good and checked the thermostat.Good fluid level.
                Is it possible there is TOO MUCH antifreeze in there?What should I do?
                Thanx,
                N.Y.
                P.S. In regard to the No Smoke stuff being really thick oil,I think you're right.But if it's not the PCV valve,what's next?
                P.P.S. Please don't tell me to get parts for it from the junkyards around here,there aren't any. <I saw a red Ford Festiva driving by last night>They had to send from Milwaukee to get my car's sending unit.
                Hello Festiva people!

Comment

If there's too much fluid in the radiator it should go out the puke tube and into the reservoir.

Ditch the no smoke stuff and use www.auto-rx.com It can't hurt anything.

The ring packs/valve seals are either super dirty or physically damaged. If they're just dirty then auto-rx will help.

If the problem doesn't get better then ask for your money back.

Here's an independent test done by a skeptic:

If you click the engine stats you can see how his compression majorly improved.
                  www.dantheoilman.com
                  Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

dan i really think u deserve a discount!

Comment

To late now. I already auto-rxed all my vehicles. =)

The MAJOR improvement was my crown vic. Plus it was noticeable since I threw it in on the way to GA. After about 500 miles the mileage went up.

Previous best (since I owned the car) was 22.6. Then I got 23.1, 23.5, and 23.6 mpg.

Now mileage is still up over the old average.
                      www.dantheoilman.com
                      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Radiator

The mechanic said I need another radiator! Opinions?
                        Hello Festiva people!

Comment

Working...
                        X