Aspire fuel pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire fuel pumps

I have two 95 aspires and both of them have dead fuel pumps. One with 85 k and the other with 145k. Is it common for these to fail? Where everyone getting their replacement pumps? New ones look expensive. what other pumps will work?
    will a festiva pump work?

Thanks
    Eric
    Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.
    Aqua 1991 Festiva L 1.3 FI 200K+, 5spd, Aspire swap, tach, Intermittent wipers.
    Green 1995 Aspire 1.3 FI 95K (RIP Saved my 18yo sons life)

yes i just told a fella the other day the fuel pumps are know if u want the best one that hasn't had any issues check this site out

depend on 4 dr or 2 dr so yeah check it out they r expensive thats if u want it to last

Comment

i'm assuming the festiva fuel pump will work because the part number for the gas tanks are the same, which would lead me to assume the fuel pumps are the same

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

yes in deed that is true new is the way to go tho especially with the aspire and its recommended that u take all gas out of the tank and wash out the fuel tank cause of slug build up i found this out on the ford site but its true they showed pics cause another guy on our forum here on ford festiva .com had the same issue so yeah it should be done off to bed ttyal tomorrow........

Comment

Originally posted by 88festiva1.3l
          ....wash out the fuel tank cause of slug build up .......
          You know if you keep the gas cap on and only remove it to fill up the tank, slugs don't get in your tank and buildup!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

^^I was wondering that....I've dropped a bunch of tanks and never found sludge...maybe some very fine sinder laike particles...not alot ton be concerned about...but nothing else.

One owner...two bad fuel pumps...I wonder if the common denominator is a bad gas station.
            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Both of the cars were from different owners. I have gotten one pump to run by back flushing it. Dont know how long it will hold up. I just could not belive the price of these pumps were around 200. Thanks for the replies.
              Eric
              Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.

Comment

Get one from Ebay http://tinyurl.com/ywzkww
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

That's what I was looking for. That is way more reasonable.

Thanks!

Comment

I've got a good one. PM sent.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                    X