Bolt on fender flares?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt on fender flares?...

Hey guys, it's only been about a million years. I recently got the '89 silver turd (as my daughter affectionately calls it) going again so I thought I'd come back and give a holla.
    I had to replace both axles and bearings this year and now it's road worthy again. I can't believe she just started right up and keeps on truck'n.
    Anyhoo to get things started again I have 2 questions. 1st, is there any known bolt on style fender flares for my Festy? I would consider ones that would have to be modified a little like from maybe an old VW rabbit or golf or something.
    2nd, I need to replace my gas tank BAD!It leaks from somewhere up around the filler nozzle I'm getting sick when stuck in back up traffic. I'm in Kansas City. How hard is it to replace one? I'm like average on the skills. Does anybody know of one near me? Or a cheap parter.
    Thanks in advance guys!
    Tired of...waiting...must...build ...Festy...!

You know, I have never looked at mine, but if it is coming from near the filler tube, I would check the pipe and fittings for a leak before I bought a tank........
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Does it smell all the time? Or only when its more than half full? If its the filler nozzle you just have to take out the drivers side rear inner panel and move the carpet out of the way and theres the access panel for it. It runs from the side down across the floor a little under rear seat Pull the carpet back a bit more and theres the access panel for the sending unit/fuel pump. Obviously gas tank underneath rusty bolts etc etc etc = No darn fun!

You may want to PM a Mod/Admin and ask them to move this to the Repair Help Forum. Youll likely get a better response.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

the filler neck is just a rubber adaptor to a steel pipe, mine is held on with hose clamps ( the pressure fit kind not the nutted) like Monsoon said its behind the rear pannel and behind a sheilding. I would remove the seat to give you more room to work on it.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

true take the back seat out so u can see where its leaking the metal filler neck might have before or after the plactic piece of pipe and clamp

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll take a look when I can come up for air underneath these deadlines I'm on right now. I'm hoping I can make the fix without dropping the tank!
            Tired of...waiting...must...build ...Festy...!

Comment

Working...
            X