#2 cyl. dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IL4Festiva
    No i do not know if the wire itself is bad, i do not have a replacement wire and i don't want to replace the wires just to find out right now,
    You could try testing the wires instead of replacing them. Spark plug wire resistance should be 4000-7000 Ohms per foot.
    ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

Another easy test, swap the #2 wire, with, say the #1 wire. If, when you unplug the wires one at a time, the #1 cylinder appears bad, then it is the wire grounding out.

If that compression test was accurate, once 75, then 100, I would think ring, but that seems really strange, not something that has happened to me, but then, I don't claim to have seen it all

One of the biggest probs I have with forum diagnosing (My way of terming what we are doing), is that what would take me 10-20 mins to do to your car if I was there, takes 4ever with the back and forth !

If I was in your shoes, I would get a haynes, and run the compression test myself, following the directions to the letter. You can go to autozone, and "borrow" the tester. They have a loan a tool program, where you just make a deposit.

That is, if they have an autozone where you live.....
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

no autozone that i've seen :shock:
        i have a haynes manual and i will run the compression test myself next chance i have, i am currently stuck at home with no car, no inusurance and no way to get the **** out of here.
        i might just test the plug wire if i can find my damn Multi-meter :evil:
        Thanks for the help
        Sean
        Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

Comment

no autozone that i've seen :shock:
          i have a haynes manual and i will run the compression test myself next chance i have, i am currently stuck at home with no car, no inusurance and no way to get the **** out of here to get to the shop.
          i might just test the plug wire if i can find my damn Multi-meter :evil:
          Thanks for the help
          Sean
          Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

Comment

Sorry, damn internet is quite the piece of crap sometimes.
            Don't ever get wireless, ever!
            Sean

Comment

Working...
            X