clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch

i just got this 92 festy 5 spd last nite, the tgird in the collection, and the clutch is bein weird. i dont kno if it needs to be adjusted or if its wore out. but you have to let it almost all the way out before it engages. let me kno what you kno.
    87 rx7
    92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
    94 caddi deville
    99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Adjust it and see what happems, the nut to do so is near the radiator,under the upper hose, the cable runs above the starter
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

thanks, i'll try that and see what happens
      87 rx7
      92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
      94 caddi deville
      99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

If it gets better by turning the nut in...change the clutch before the rivots destoy the fly wheel.
        CAUTION: clutch cable adjustment is not normal maitenance!
        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

actually you need to loosen the nut on the end of the cable to tighten the feel of the clutch in the pedal

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Yah, it is not normal maintenance, but some people like the clutch to hit the "friction point" at different spots in the pedal travel.....

Comment

I recently replaced my clutch and it was very worn, 16 years worn, but i didnt have a problem with it engaging normally, just that it was more rough. yours sounds like the result of a clutch being abused, dropped a good # of times or somone who cant drive, best thing to do is replace it if you can, like jglutz said b4 you damage your flywheel!
              (my friend's civic clutch did the same thing but only after repeated abuse at red lights)
              Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

Comment

Possibly, but if backing the nut off fixes the problem, most likely he just likes the clutch to disengage closer to the floor, I know I did that to mine with less than 200 miles on her.....

Comment

Be careful with the dis-engagement point....messing to much with the cable adjustment can cause the throw-out bearing to spin under stress while the clutch is not engaged.
                  Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                  The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Mebbe, but not a problem for me, I have something like 300k on this clutch.....

Comment

Working...
                    X