Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated rear window (HRW) switch illumination

Good morning USA!
    Hi. I'm new here. I'm in lil ole UK with a '94 Kia Pride 1324cc.
    Can anyone tell me please how to restore the night-time switch illumination on my HRW switch.
    The other switches light up OK.
    I've had the switch out, but can't find any bulb. I've even dismantled the switch, but still can't see how it's lit.

On a further point. Is this an 'interference' engine. Information available is conflicting. I've found a Gates site which says it isn't, but an Autodata book says it is! I've changed the cambelt and tensioner anyway. I'm just curious.

is your 1994 a Festiva or an Aspire? The 1.3 engine I believe is NON Interferance.

Comment

I believe it's what you call a Festiva,a more square shape than the rounded 'bubble' style of what was the Mazda 121 over here (1991 -1995) and I believe the Aspire over there. It doesn't help that the Festiva was initially sold over here as the Mazda 121 from 1988 - 1991). The Kia Pride (AKA Festiva) was sold here 1991 - 2000. See following:

Comment

Welcome to the board Tom,

I'm fairly sure the HRW switch is not illuminated. I'll check mine later and let you know.

What part of the UK are you from?
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

all the Mazda 1.1, 1.3, 1.6 sohc and dohc engines are freewheeling (non-interference)

the bulb is contained in a smal plastic base, about the diameter of a pencil. It located on the back, just below the connector. You'll need a small straight-blade screwdriver to turn it about 90deg to the left, then tap the back of the switch on the table lightly, to get the bulb to fall out.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

fastivaca.
            That'll explain why it don't work, and why I couldn't find out why.
            I'm about fifty miles north of London, between Oxford and Cambridge.

Comment

Working...
            X