Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do the carb wires plug into?

Hi,

My friends who were helping me troubleshoot my 88 festiva (2 barrel carb) took off the carb, and have left town since. I replaced the gasket and got the carb back on (though I believe I have to loosen it back up to get the throttle cable/idle screw/vacuum-thingy-that-pulls-up together right).
    ...but...
    I can't figure out where all the wires that run out of the carb plug back in to. I have plugged two large-ish plugs -- one round, one rectangular -- into a bundle to the right of the oil cap. That leaves a black n red pair which come out of the back-left, and a single red that comes off a thingy on the top right.
    Can anybody help?
    Thanks,
    Erik

Single red wire, if it's the one coming out of the choke, goes to the back of the alternator.
    ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

I thought the red and black pair went into the rectangle plug. Do you have five wires in the rectangle plug ? Ill pull the air filter tomorrow morning when I can see better.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

That single red is from the choke, and it does plug into the alternator - thanks.

The black and red pair is not a five-wire plug... that one is actually two pairs of wires that plug into the bundle next to the oil-filler cap. The black and red pair in question come out of a plug in the very back/bottom(close to manifold), just left-center of the carb. These have a rectangular plug, but smaller than the 5 wire one. Anybody know where it plugs in?

Thanks,
        Erik

Comment

Just went and looked at mine and it should plug into a white connector by the oil filter.
          ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

That's all of them!
            Thanks!
            Erik

Comment

Working...
            X