B6 1.6L engine full rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 1.6L engine full rebuild?

I pulled out the B6 1.6L from 1989 323 Mazda and it got 300,000 miles on it...

Believe or not, the inside of valve cover show very shinny golden color and no signs of wear out but my question is that B6 engine block should replace new rings? It seem don't show any wears out too...

Should I pull out all pistol heads and replace it with new rings on it to avoid big problems in future?

Any suggestions please free to share with me

Put it in and see how it runs. You can always pull that stuff off once it's in the car without too many problems.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
      Put it in and see how it runs. You can always pull that stuff off once it's in the car without too many problems.
      Really? So I can leave engine block in car and if rings goes bad and I still could pull the pistol heads out under the car right?

Comment

Do a compression test. Or do a cylinder leak test, if the rings are bad you will hear an audible air leak at the PCV.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^^Regardless I would do what Frestiva recommends.

Secondly....what is your goal:
          Do you want a quick driver?
          Do you want to make an investment but not now?
          Are you hesitant about doing a complet rebuild?
          I believe the answer is up to you first.

A engine can be rebuilt in place but it not a task I would look forward to. Putting a crank in upside down.....no fun.
          On a festiva...Ithink I could pull the block and rebuild it faster and better than leaving it in place.
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Working...
          X