Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator

How do you know if you need another radiator? HELP!
    N.Y.
    Hello Festiva people!

if it is leaking, or cracked. most of the time they can b repaired or flushed to regain normal use..

Comment

Radiator

THey said I need another one! Why can't they just fix it? Could I fix it?
      Hello Festiva people!

Comment

why did they tell u u need a new one is it leaking not flowing what did they say was wrong with it? sounds like they might b just racking up ur bill...

Comment

Radiator

It leaked 1 drop around the outer edge of the radiator.It was OK this morning till I opened it up and put the cap back on.I think they're trying to rack it up too..
          Hello Festiva people!

Comment

If the tank is cracked they cannot be fixed and they probably can't get new tanks. If the core is bad it can be fixed but that may cost more than one from a junkyard.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
            BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
            BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
            New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

radiator

everything is fine except on the top on the outer edge.it is not overheating or anything.
              Hello Festiva people!

Comment

run it and let it get to norm temp and open ur hood and look for steam

Comment

radiator

how long does that take?if it steams then what?
                  Hello Festiva people!

Comment

if u see steam then it will not presureize. in the cooling sys some preasure is a must have as long as it isn't to much. If u see steam u either need a new one or need to take it to a radiator shop and see if they can seal it I have sealed some with 2 part epoxy b4...

Comment

radiator

wait..if theres steam thats bad if none then good?a little is ok?
                      Hello Festiva people!

Comment

steam is bad, no steam is good a little means a pin hole which means u will b losing coolent... if it is losing coolent it is best to get another radiator or seal it

Comment

radiator

How long to get up to normal temp?
                          Hello Festiva people!

Comment

Sorry, I was having internet connection problems last night and could not get reconnected to the Festiva board.

Things to consider: Antifreeze on top of the radiator can only come from a few places.
                            1. the radiator cap needs replacing and is leaking.
                            2. the overflow hose connection under the cap is leaking or has a hole.
                            3. There is a pinhole leak in the top of the radiator itself.
                            4. top radiator hose may have small leak spraying on top of radiator.

While the engine is cool, wash and dry the area that has the anti freeze on it. Leave the hood up and start the car, let it idle for awhile, until you hear the cooling fan come on. Look for the possible leak. If not found, shut the engine off and recheck for leakage. If none found, allow car to sit for several hours to cool down and recheck for leakage. If the leakage does not appear after this, close the hood and go on a 15- 30 minute road trip varying between stop and go driving and high rpm driving. Upon your return home, without shutting down the engine, open the hood and check for leaks. Grab and squeeze the top radiator hose, it should be firm. report back with your results.

Where are you from? Where are you located?
                            Kevin
                            '93 L (BP{T} Sold
                            '90 L Plus Sold
                            '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

well i see kevin is back to work now lol or u can go to a shop with the car and for 20 bux have the cooling system preasure tested.

Comment

Working...
                              X