No announcement yet.

Transmission Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't sweat it, I think it is a better safe than sorry kind of thing, see my post above about how I only recently started putting a dowel in there....
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

yeah i actually had my inside axle bearings slide and replaced and rebuilt my tranny all is good i used gear oil in mine lucas but just switched 2 weeks ago to royal purple gear lube its supose to keep the heat down and eliminate wear and tear thats what a guy told me at napa auto parts

Comment

" na na na, na na na naah, you have entered the twilight zone"

Comment

Three bolts on the 88,89,and92 MTX I have had. Also, the guy who took care of a small fleet of them had the spiders come out of place when they were rolled around a bunch and also had hub bearings come out with the axles off a shell sitting for a longer period of time. He started jacking the front ends off the ground while storing without axles through the hub too, along with a bar through the transaxle while waiting on parts in the early days. They always had more trouble with 2nd gear and reverse being torn out by drivers than anything else on the Festivas they had.
          Michael
          Have owned 9 so far
          White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
          Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
          Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
          Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
          Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Good to know, so I guess it IS better to be safe then sorry

Comment

Working...
            X