the tach cluster.

5-speed trans.

rear wiper (w/hatch)

tilt column(w/int. wipers)

i think thats it.

but 2 more ?'s
    1. how do i check my tranny fluid?
    2. how do i tighten my hand-brake?
    it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

I don't know if the tilt is plug and play but all the rest of the iems are. The fluid is checked on the bottom of the speedo cable attachement in the tranny. And the hand brake is tightened inside the car under the brake cover.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I don't think all '88-'89 are plug and playfor the tach clusters. From what I've read on here if it has rear defrost odds are it has the wiring for the tach but some are missing these wires.
      ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

I have converted both types 88&9 with wiring in place and without, and still own them. Tilt and inter wipers are a go with any 88&9 car. No extra wiring required. The rest of the items are mostly if you have the rear defrost as suggested before. I have only had one odd car that didn't follow this rule. Wiring for the rear wiper is attached to the blank plug on the cluster cover. Rear wiper is the hardest install requiring the keyhole shaped hole for the washer, routing the hose through the body down to the washer reservoir, and lining up the oval hole cutout for your motor shaft to go through. Easiest way is swap the hatch, or make an exact marking, and also shape template off donor hatch. I have converted 3 so far to all LX options. PM or email me if I can help.
        Michael
        Have owned 9 so far
        White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
        Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
        Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
        Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
        Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

The Hand brake cable can be adjusted by removing the small plastic cover....with your eyes follow the finger grips down the handle and look for the nut at the end of the cable.
          CAUTION: This is not normal maintenance...either the cable is shot....the brakes are extremely worn...or the adjusters are not funtioning.
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by m715
            Easiest way is swap the hatch
            I have a hatch with rear wiper if your interested. PM me and we can work something out.
            ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

Oh, and while adjusting the parking brake, watch that the small clip that ratchets the adjustment doesn't fly off. Takes a 10 mm socket to adj nut. Don't adjust too far and snap off end of cable assy. I have recently heard that they may have become totally unavailable as a brand new part. (Roger @ FMS). :shock:
              Michael
              Have owned 9 so far
              White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
              Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
              Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
              Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
              Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz
                The Hand brake cable can be adjusted by removing the small plastic cover....with your eyes follow the finger grips down the handle and look for the nut at the end of the cable.
                CAUTION: This is not normal maintenance...either the cable is shot....the brakes are extremely worn...or the adjusters are not funtioning.
                So so right, but, when I needed to pass inspection, the guy said my ebrake did not function properly. I thought he was nuts, but drove down the street, tightened it at the handle, came back, and blew his mind at how tight the ebrake was in 5 minutes! Passed, went down the road, loosened her back up, and kept on rolling!
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

yeah the hand brake was easier to adjust than it is to drive my car.
                  it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

Working...
                  X