Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXhaust, muffler>???<

Hey guys just did my basic tune up and proud of myself ;P

now i am getting 5% tint on friday (hopfully)

the thing is that when i got my car, the previous owner (thnx aparatus)
    had the muffler, exhaust, n piping done.

i want to make my car sound clean, not rice ya know.
    my question is can i just change the tip( dont exactlyknow whats it called)
    exhaust??

was thinking 2 in or 2 1'4 inch tip.
    where can i get one, like cherry bomb, any plug and play.

i would just takeit to a shop but whats the fun in that, unless i will need wielding.

anyone,i know its a newb question but come on

Comment

Re: EXhaust, muffler&gt;???&lt;

If you don't like the way the car currently sounds then you'll need to change the muffler, not just the tip.

With factory piping you would definitely need to take it to a shop to have a new muffler welded on if you didn't want any leaks. However, since it has already been modified you'll have to check the piping before the muffler to see how it is attached. If there is a saddle or band clamp then you could change the muffler without needing the services of a shop (although it's still recommended).

Comment

I'd go with a cherry bomb turbo muffler or something of that nature. A company called vibrant makes a nice flat black muffler you could use they run about 100 dollars though. I always like the stealth looking exhaust setups.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

muffler choice is unlimited, but will need custom fabrication, welding.

The larger diameter the exhaust the lower the tone tends to be. You can go too far and end up with a low deep drone that will drive you crazy. The buzy ricer sound is due to the even firing pulse of the engine out the exhaust, not much you can do about it. Thats what gives Harleys and V/8 their great idle sound, they have un-even firing pulse come down the exhaust.
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

I have a magnaflow on my stock exhaust pipe, and I love the sound of it. Not too Ricey, but not too quiet either. It also makes a beautiful sound when I'm coasting down hills in 4th or so..a nice little uneven pop pop pop

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboi
              anyone,i know its a newb question but come on
              you only wait a whole 42 minutes to start harrasing people into answering what you already know is a newb question. If you would use the search button and spent that 42 minutes looking over posts I am sure you would have found numerous answers to your newb question.

Ask a question if you need to but don't jump on a little later expecting to have an answer. Especially at the time you posted it!
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I cut the muffler right off the flange on mine, welded a 3 inch steel cylinder with slots cut with a hacksaw (with 2 steel discs with holes welded in either side as baffles) , fit a 1 inch steel tube and banged the slots till it fit roughly good, then welded it till the slots were sealed, welded directly onto the flange and welded a cheap little wally world tip onto the end of it.
                If you don't want it to sound 'rice' this is what u want right here buddy, loud and proud.
                Special thanks to my buddy josh for his genious design :lol:

Oh yah, don't do this is you live somewhere where you aren't allowed sports mufflers and such..
                Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

Comment

Working...
                X