bumper removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumper removal?

is ther a easy way to remove my bumper or do i have to get at those 3 stubborn bolts at the back. are there only 3 bolts on each side?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

on mine, if you are asking about the front there are three on each side. not sure about the back bumper.
    1960 willys pickup
    1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
    1989 festiva
    1990 festiva for parts
    1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

ok thanks. i was asking about the front... forgot to put that in the post.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Besides the 3 bolts on each side, the harder part is those stupid little side supports that tie the tail edges of the bumper to the underbody. I have not been able to take any of them apart. The nuts rust up solid, and the steel ties are so thin they just twist and then break. One of the bolts on the driver's side is hard to get at without taking off the inner wheel cover, and even the windshield washer bottle. (Not required, just easier.) But that's about it except for the wiring. There is no easier approach to it.
        Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
        Icetiva-3-race-car-build
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Working...
        X