X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach jumping

Hey everyone,
    I just noticed that my tachometer (not stock, an aftermarket one),
    sometimes will "jump" or "twich" when at idle. Nothing big, just 100-200 rpm.
    The engine itself is not doing it, it is a steady idle speed when this is happening. Just the tach needle is a little jumpy.
    I thought that perhaps the coil is bad since that's where it gets its signal?
    Any thoughts??
    Thanks!
    Mark
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

is it a good tach? my freind bought a junk one for like 20 bucks and it started acting up last week.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Does your aftermarket tach have a confuration switch....4 - 6 - 8 cylinder? If so make sure the switch is not between positions or move it to another postion and see if the problem goes away. Also, check the tach ground.

If your coil was going bad...you should have noticed more than just the tach jump...you would hear idle changes and experience performance problems.
      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Working...
      X