88 festiva carb issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 festiva carb issue

Hi, new to your forum and new to Festiva. Aquired 88 carb 5 speed, runs, etc but poorly. the carb has a mass of vacumn lines, many disconnected, etc, is there a diagram to somewhere ( I have a haynes on order) so I can get it all correct...and,
    one of the electro vacumn switches on the fire wall ( the bank of three, the middle one) is broken, where can I get another one? is it crucial...vacumn line going into black canister below steering column is broken off ( on these I am talking about the nipples broken off) so the lines are unattached...
    car runs, choke cycles properly, but it idles very high and will not come down. any help will be appreciated. Also need a drivers side window regulator.

seems like a great little car...would like to get it running, not resto just around town transportation.

feel free to email
    thanks
    pete
    any help will be appreciated.

i dont knot to much but this site help me figure out wut parts of hoses go where they go

festiva motor sports

Comment

When you get your Haynes manual turn to the back pages where the wiring diagrams are. The one showing the computer, sensors, and servers (acutators) will help identify the emissions components. There is also a chapter on emission controls. For more detail look for the Haynes emission controls manual at your public library, and also texts on automotive engineering. The latter explain the theory of emission controls. It all relates to feedback carburetor systems like the one found on the early Festivas.

The manual isn't as good at describing vaccum hoses. Thhere should be a schematic on the underside of the hood. It can also be found online. Sorry, I don't have the webpage address.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
      X