Remove Fuel Inj.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Fuel Inj.

Hey guys, what is the easiest and fastest way to remove a fuel injector?
    Thanks!
    Sean
    Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

are you talking about a single injector off of the fuel rail, or the fuel rail itself? They should slide down the rail fairly easy.
    -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
    -1993 Festiva L

Comment

a hammer... but then its kind of useless afterwards!
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^^OMG....that is classic!
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Hey now....this porr guy needs help....a hammer would only take out the No.1 or No. 4 injector....what's he going to do if he needs to take out the No.2 or No.3 injector.
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

well...if he takes out 1 or 4 with a hammer...I do not think there would be much reason to remove 2 or 3.
            Seriously though....it is not a hard job at all, but I could not type out the process....I would have to be looking at it.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

theres a good bit of reason if your #2 injector is not doing its job
              sorry i didn't post which injector it was,
              i was told by another member to take the injector off and try cleaning the inside out with a small metal tool and carb cleaner, i want to take the injector off so i can do this.
              Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

Comment

I would also check all of the the injectors impedance too.
                -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
                -1993 Festiva L

Comment

Not to be a phiysicist....but.... impedance!?!? Don't you mean resistance. Impedance measurment requires bridge circuits and frequency generators.
                  Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                  The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Working...
                  X