Rack and pinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack and pinion

O.k. SO I bought these inner ties off ebay, 41.00 shipped AND they came W/boots! Alas, they are the wrong ones. Early style. What I want to do now is take the rack off my 88 and transplant it on the 90 so I can get her on the road. I need to be sure they are interchangable before I begin as I have a 2 day weekend and HAVE to be able to get to work on Thur's. Thanks guys, I have thought of very little other than this car for the last couple of months and if this works could be driving her by VERY soon.
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

the racks should be interchangable. i bet you have course threads on the inner tie rods on the car and what you got off e-bay was fine thread. i also have a junk 1990 festiva that i'm going to remove the rack and hopefully it will have the fine thread inner tie rods ends so i can rebuild it and have it for a spare.
    i went to advance auto parts and got the course thread ones for my 1988.
    1960 willys pickup
    1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
    1989 festiva
    1990 festiva for parts
    1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Other way around. I asked for the fine but got the course. I even emailed and asked first. Now I don't have the time to or the cash to re-order and wait for my return. So I'm gonna pull the 88 out tomorrow and swap em around. Got to get to the MEET!!!!
      Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Working...
      X