Oil leak What is this thing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RitzyFestiva View Post
    He is learning to make do with what he has and improve it one piece at a time. Enjoy it for what it is.
    I was glad to read this line in your last post. There are times in life that call for significant change, where what you have now will not take you to where you feel you need to go, but those times shouldn't come very often. For the most part, the attitude you are teaching your son will serve him well, not only with cars but in every aspect of life. If he can say that he tried to improve everything he touched and help everyone he met along the way, he will find honor and respect wherever he goes and be a son to be proud of.

Oh, and since this is FordFestiva.com, after all, allow me to say, "I don't think you could have found a better car than the Festiva to demonstrate the validity of these important lessons."

Hope you'll report how the Aspire swap goes. Sounds like you've got a good grasp of it. Good luck and best wishes in all.

John Gunn
    Coronado, CA
    John Gunn
    Coronado, CA

Improving anything
    Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
      Whew, that is deep! and awesome. You sound like a well balanced guy! :p
      Welcome John, and Ritz, to the site!
      Thanks for the kind words.

John Gunn
      Coronado, CA
      John Gunn
      Coronado, CA

Improving anything
      Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

That's what we're here for. We dont help just with cars!
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by RitzyFestiva View Post
          Thanks for the info but I asked some of those questins earlier when we were looking to pick up this Aspire engine. I was told pretty much all I woul dneed to do is basically turn the Aspire 1.3 into a long block, removal of all the EFI stuf, exhaust and intake manifolds and mount everything to the aspire block. Also that there was a location on the Aspire block for the mechnical fuel pump. I will continue to look at the engine now that I have it on a stand and begin to tear it down in preparation for the swap out. But thanks again for things to be looking out for. Just hoping to avoid any unnecessary delays once we get started. Not to worry, if I run into any "issues" you can bet that between the factory service manual and here I will be asking questions!
          Glad you got all that covered.

If memory serves me right, there is a place on the Aspire head to mount the pump, but no lobe on the cam to drive it. A quick check under the valve cover should answer that question once and for all.

Good luck.

-Tim
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

^^^ correct. You will need to swap both the cam and followers from the Festy engine. DO NOT use the Aspire roller followers on the Festy cam... bad things happen!
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
            X