low pressure sensor switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low pressure sensor switch?

Hey guys, i recently had some trouble with my compressor not engaging, turns out the compressor was good but i had to bypass a switch or sensor that was located on the receiver/dryer... what is this thing? i've had some trouble finding it in any part stores and when i look at the receiver/dryers, they dont come with that switch/sensor.. any clues or an actual name of that part would be much appreciated.

-Yamir

low pressure cutoff switch
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I don't know if festy's have an expansion valve or if it is a system that controls flow via an orifice tube ... if it is an orifice tube system what you bypassed is the "compressor cycling switch" ... it would be a very good idea to have the system looked at by someone with a guage set and a good working knowledge of a/c..

Comment

thanks. i dont have money to really get it looked at... would anyone happen to know where i can get it? ive looked it up and it looks like the part isnt available for my model..? i have an 88 festiva L.

thanks again
        -Yamir

Comment

Festys use a TXV system, so its a low pressure cutoff switch, not a cycling switch. Any mid to late 80's Mazda should use the same switch.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

thanks alot guys. checked for the 323 and sure enough... looks identical.
            only thing that puzzles me is if its the same part... why dont they have it for festy? once again thanks for all your help.

-Yamir

Comment

I think FB71 nailed it ,, to answer your (rhetorical) question the local auto parts store does indeed have the part as we have discovered, the problem is in the cross reference manuals or database they access... they just don't know they have the part... A/C is one of those things where there is a huge amount of universality if you just understand it well enough ,, all R12 systems run at the same pressures.. I can tell you that late 80's v12 Jaguars electronics are all AC Delco ,, Lucas just buys the parts in bulk and places their stickers over the Delco labels ,, buy the Lucas labeled part and you'll pay 3x (or more) for the same part sold for a Monte Carlo... they just use a pair of 6 cyl GM ignition systems running in parallel.

If your a/c condenser ever fails I'd go hunting for the biggest one I could find with the same fittings ,, I wouldn't be the least bit worried about maintaining originality with these cars...

Comment

Dude, that's old jag stuff...

Current stuff is Bosch, Visteon, Siemens VDO...

but its all neat, fun stuff to play with!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Working...
                X